Manicured lawns facing the ocean under a canopy of coconut palms. How perfect it is!
The Wakaya Club & Spa is comprised of ten free-standing waterfront Fijian cottage suites or bures (pronounced boo-rays), including seven private Ocean View Bures, a Garden View Bure, Governor’s Bure and Ambassador’s Bure. Each bure is a luxurious hideaway located just steps from the Pacific ocean, and is designed to indulge you in the beauty of the island while providing every conceivable comfort.
Each bure offers 1,650 square feet of privacy and serenity, and includes the following:
- Secluded rear garden and two covered outdoor decks
- Bedroom with ample closet space and four-poster king size bed clad in the finest Fili D’Oro 100% cotton sheets from Italy
- Bathroom with oversized soaking tub, two vanities, open-air, lava rock shower and separate W.C. and bidet
- Gracious living room with wet bar, CD player, a collection of CDs and iPod connections
- Cathedral ceilings, woven bamboo wall covering and indigenous yaka timber flooring
- Hunter fans, in addition to air conditioning, throughout
- Tibetan rugs, Asian decorative arts and a selection of your own reading materials
- A double-hammock, strung between coconut palms, just outside the bure
Please note that, by design, Ocean View Bures and Garden View Bures are not equipped with televisions or telephones, except for an intercom to contact Reception. Unlimited high-speed Internet access is available in each bure.