Nature Wakaya was born in a shower of fire 4 million years ago.
Wakaya island is endowed with a gentle climate, pure water, and a diverse topography of cliffs, forests, beaches and lagoons.
This exquisite and pristine ecosystem includes:
- Cycads, ferns and banyans as old as history
- Pilot whales cruising through the west passage
- Scarlet kula birds nibbling at the coconut flowers
- Fish traps older than memory, their stony arms reaching into the sea
- Pineapples, bananas, papayas, ripened in the sun before being picked
- The heady scent of frangipani and ginger mingled with ocean air
- Flamboyant trees with blossoms like red flames at Christmas time
- A blue lagoon embraced by a barrier reef, blooming with marine life
- Hawksbill and Pacific Green turtles, returning annually to lay their eggs on Homestead beach
This is Wakaya, a microcosm of the South Pacific in its most idyllic form.
Sunday, March 9th