Getting married or renewing your vows. This is bliss.
Here, one needs no formal occasion—celebration is woven into the fabric of the day. It seems to be a Wakayan birth right.
The Wakaya Club & Spa offers an elegant yet casual backdrop for romance and celebration. Imagine an ecologically sensitive luxury resort offering unparalleled natural beauty in an intimate setting. The Wakaya Club & Spa extends a warm and gracious Fijian welcome on a privately owned 2,200-acre island with exceptional personal service and the finest cuisine in the South Pacific.
Romantic celebrations on Wakaya can include the following:
Weddings on Wakaya
Adam and Eve had been married in Eden, it would have looked very much like a wedding day on Wakaya—vows witnessed by stately palms, blessed by an azure sea and celebrated in harmony with nature.
Falling in love is a natural pleasure. Your wedding day should be, too. At The Wakaya Club & Spa, the experience of joining two lives is celebrated with simplicity and elegance that honors the meaning of the day. The focus is on you and absolutely nothing gets in the way.
Renewal of Wedding Vows
Many couples come to The Wakaya Club & Spa to renew their vows on the occasion of an anniversary. The experience is extremely beautiful, meaningful and personal, enhanced by the consultation of a local Fijian Minister or Justice of the Peace who meets with the couple before the ceremony and prepares a short homily for the service. Some couples choose to exchange rings, some do not. Our rate for this ceremony is all-inclusive:
- Choice of site for the ceremony
- Floral decorations and bridal bouquet or special leis for bride and groom
- Ceremony and Officiant (Minister or Justice of the Peace)
- A Fijian choir for the ceremony
- Champagne reception followed by gourmet dinner (choice of menu)
- The Wakaya Island Band (ukulele and guitar ensemble)
- Transportation to and from the venue
- For more information, please download our Brochure or contact us.
Wedding Anniversary Celebrations
Whether it is your first anniversary or your twenty-first, The Wakaya Club & Spa will make it a time to remember. For wedding anniversary celebrations, our staff prepares a gourmet dinner for you, served in a private Gazebo decorated with tropical flowers. You may celebrate in private or choose to include other guests as you honor your life together.
A honey-hued moon floats against a night sky. Small waves cast a web of lace on the sand. The air is soft, imbued with the scent of jasmine — the deepening night a benediction of stars.
It would be difficult to find a more perfect place to begin your married life.
Here you can delight in complete privacy, enjoying the sumptuous comfort of your spacious bure with an open air lava-rock shower. Or you may reserve Vale O, a 12,000-square-foot villa high on a promontory overlooking the ocean, with a private pool, tennis court and a dedicated household staff, including your own personal chef.
On Wakaya, you can enjoy secluded white sand beaches for swimming and picnics, plus a comprehensive selection of leisure activities including snorkeling and scuba, tennis and golf. What’s more, you can be completely relaxed and spontaneous in planning your day. Court times, tee times and dive times are wide open. Wakaya offers total indulgence, serenity and adventure.
- Star gaze or take a siesta in your hammock in front of your bure as you listen to waves lapping the shore and tropical birds
- Enjoy spa treatments in your private spa inside the Ambassador’s Bure, our largest and most romantic cottage suite
- Relax in the living room at Vale O and watch the sun set in one window and the moon rise in the other
- Escape from the world—room service, private champagne-lobster beach picnics
- Enjoy an “East meets West” couples massage or a Three-Hour Breeze Retreat at Breeze Spa
- Nibble on our famous oatmeal ginger cookies—the cookie jar in your refrigerator is replenished daily
With 200 acres per couple, enjoy your own private island and its many activities!
Private Beaches & Beach Picnics
Break loose. Slip away. Disappear to your own private beach.
We can take you to a secluded cove, reserved just for you! We leave you with a sumptuous champagne picnic, a two-way radio and the assurance that there isn’t another soul in sight — just a vast expanse of the South Pacific, edged by a white sand beach under a brilliant sky.
When you’re ready to come back — if ever — just give us a call and we’ll be there to chauffeur you back to The Wakaya Club & Spa.
Please note that Private Beach Picnics are available every day of the week except Sunday.