Butter cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine corn syrup and sugar in a heavy-bottomed, 4-qt. saucepan then place over medium heat, stirring often until sugar is dissolved (about 12–14 minutes).
- When mixture reaches a light boil, add butter and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 280°F, or a soft ball forms when dropped in ice water.
- Stir in nuts and cook an additional 10–12 minutes, stirring constantly until candy thermometer reaches 305°F, or the mixture forms a hard ball when dropped in ice water.
- When hardball state is reached, remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda and turmeric.
- Immediately pour onto the greased baking sheet.
- Cool at room temperature, then crack into pieces.