ENDIVE ROQUEFORT & STRAWBERRY SALAD, WITH FIJIAN TURMERIC, PEACH & MANGO VINAIGRETTE
09 Mar 2021 0 Comments
- 2 ea. Ripe Mangoes ( cleaned, sliced)
- 1 ea. Ripe Peach (sliced)
- 3 tbsp. Whole Grained Mustard
- ¼ tsp Ground Fennel
- 2 tsp. Wakaya perfection Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Wakaya Perfection Ginger
- 1 ea Scotch Bonnet Pepper ( Seeded, Minced)
- 5 tbsp. Raw Sugar
- 1 Cup Grape Seed Oil
- ½ Cup almond Oil
- 2 Cups Peach Nectar
- ½ Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 tbsp. Champagne Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and place the mangoes and peaches on a baking sheet. Bake slowly until the fruit turns lightly tan around the edges and slightly dries. Remove, Cool.
- Combine the peach nectar, mustatrd and the fruit in a blender in that exact order. Next add the sugar.
- Start the blender on low speed. Once all of the ingredients become smooth, start to add the grapeseed oil in a slow steady stream, alternating with the almond and thinning the vinaigrette with the lime juice.
- Next add all of the spices and the scotch bonnet. Give one final pulse to chop and incorporate the pepper, then add the vinegar to balance the flavor
- Assemble Salad. Recipe Below.
- 3 ea White Endive
- 3 ea Purple Endive
- 1 bunch Celery (hearts only)
- 1 Head Frise Lettuce
- 4 oz Dolce Gorgonzola
- 1 qt. Fresh Strawberries