SYRAH BRAISED SHORT RIBS
09 Mar 2021 0 Comments
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 Beef short ribs deboned
- 8 oz. bacon
- 1 cup diced celery 2 medium onion (peeled, diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled, diced)
- 10 cloves peeled garlic
- 4 qts demi- glace
- 1 Tb. syrah wine
- 2 ea. cinnamon sticks
- Salt, pepper
- 2 Tb. Wakaya Perfection Ginger
- 1 bottle sweet soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Then in a large braiser heat the pan on high add the oil.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper & ginger sear until golden brown on all sides, and add the bacon halfway through the browning process and render this out.
- Remove the ribs from the pan add the onions, carrot, celery, and cook till onions lightly caramelize.
- Add the wine, demi and reduce by half.
- Add the ribs back to the pan cover and place in the oven for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and transfer to a holding container.
- Strain the sauce through the chinois, place back into a sauce pan and reduce till a thick syrupy consistency. KEEP WARM!!!!